7/21/10

my two cents

When I was in high school, I had a big crush on this guy, let's call him "Nick." I really wanted to ask "Nick" to the Sadie Hawkins dance, but I was also super-sensitive and didn't want to be rejected. So my friend, "Lisa," who's locker was next to "Nick's" did me a favor. She asked "Nick:" If Mary asks you to the Sadie Hawkins dance, will you say yes?

And he said "Yes."

awesome!

So I call "Nick" that night. Shaking and nervous and all high school angsty. And I ask him to the dance and he says, "I have to say no."

the fuck!


That's what I think about the Paris Review kerfuffle. The Paris Review is "Nick" in case you didn't catch on.

Sometimes, hurting people's feelings should be called out. I'm glad people on the Internets got pissed about it and I'm glad they said it out loud. It's kind of like when "Lisa" and "I" "TP'd" "Nick's" house.



.

1 comment: